· Jacob rose early in the morning to make a vow to God at Bethel (Gen 28:18-19
· God said to Moses, “Be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto Mount Sinai, and present thyself there to me” (Exodus 34:2).
· David rose early in the morning for worship, prayer, and meditation.
· Early on that first Easter Sunday morning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to the tomb where Jesus had been buried (Matthew 28:1).
· God sent manna for His people in the morning. The day’s supply of nourishment was to be
gathered in the morning, while it was still fresh.
Every morning God had a fresh store of mercies available for His people. When we do not turn aside in the morning to gather what He has provided for that day, we are saying, in essence, I can make it through this day on my own. My strength, my wisdom, my resources are sufficient for the demands of this day. Not only do we forfeit the grace of God but our self-sufficiency and pride force Him to resist us throughout the day.
It is a good rule never to look into the face of man in the morning till you have looked into the face of God. (CHARLES H. SPURGEON)
I met God in the morning
When my day was at its best,
And His presence came like sunrise,
Like a glory in my breast.
All day long the presence lingered,
All day long, He stayed with me,
And we sailed in perfect calmness
O’er a very troubled sea.
Other lives were blown and battered.
Other lives were sore distressed,
But the winds that seemed to drive them
Bring to us a peace and rest.
Then I thought of other mornings,
With a knee remorse of mind,
When I too had loosed the moorings,
With the presence left behind.
So I think I know the secret,
Learned from many a troubled way:
You must seek Him in the morning,
If you want Him through the day!
-RALPH SPAULDING CUSHMAN
Do not have your concert first and tune your instruments afterward. Begin the day with God. (J.HUDSON TAYLOR)